Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Fire Disaster destroys A Barn

A fire destroys the barn and tons of horses. 
SPRINGFIELD- An Arsonist may have started a fire that killed 15 horses here early this morning, one day before the start of the racing season in Lincoln Downs Race Track.

Thirteen thoroughbreds and 2 saddle horses died in the blaze. Ten horses escaped, two of them with their backs ablaze. 

The barn had been a one-story wooden structure and only several rows of charred wooden supports remain after the fire. 

The fire exploded in the middle of the barn, Fire Chief Bernard Perry said. 

The electrical outlets and heaters were at the ends of the barn, according to assistant track manager Dan Bucci. Fire officials are considering arson in the investigation. 

“Those are my best friends. I love horses more than I do people. I feel like I want to cry" said Albert Ramos as he watched workers clean up the area where the fire took place. 

 {I need to talk to the owner of the track and find out what he knows about this incident.  Then I would like to talk to the fire chief and find out more about the whereabouts of the fire.  I would ask people about what they saw or what they heard.  In more detail, I would talk to the Gm of the track and find out exactly what he knows and see if there is a connection of some sort. Also, interview fans, explore other similar fires in the area, state, nation.}

1 comment: